The new Cruella movie by Walt Disney Studios is my new obsession and I’m going to share my favorite Cruella Movie quotes and fun facts with you!
The fashion – flawless. Jenny Beavan’s costumes are bound to get an Oscar!
The music – Epic.
The story – mind blowing.
The cinematography – groundbreaking.
Elyssa called Cruella: “A work of genius.”
Elisha’s words were: “Just glorious.”
About Disney’s New Cruella Movie
Set in 1970s London amidst the punk rock revolution, Cruella has major The Devil Wears Prada vibes and it’s great for those of us who ever felt like outcasts and misfits.
The all-new “Cruella,” live-action feature film about the rebellious early days of one of cinemas most notorious – and notoriously fashionable – villains, the legendary Cruella de Vil. “Cruella,” follows a young grifter named Estella, a clever and creative girl determined to make a name for herself with her designs.
Estella de Vil befriends a pair of young thieves who appreciate her appetite for mischief, and together they are able to build a life for themselves on the London streets.
One day, Estella’s flair for fashion catches the eye of the Baroness von Hellman, a fashion legend who is devastatingly chic and terrifyingly haute.
Their relationship sets in motion a course of events and revelations that will cause Estella to embrace her wicked side and become the raucous, fashionable and revenge-bent Cruella.
Unlike with most sequels, the actors did not seek inspiration in the original classic depictions of Cruella for the third installment in the 101 Dalmatians franchise.
Disney’s 1961 animated film, 101 Dalmatians, and the 1996 live-action film adaptation of the same name, featuring Glenn Close portrayed a completely different Cruella. This version is ICONIC – whether you love or don’t the first two movies.
Many moms have been asking me:
What rating does Cruella have?
Is Cruella safe for kids?
Is Cruella scary for children?
Well, even though the genre is comedy and kids and family, Cruella received a PG-13 for some violence and thematic elements.
There’s no profanity but there is child bullying, a lot of name-calling, crime portrayal, and very intense scenes, some of which are about murder and attempted murder.
This rating is rare for a Disney movie, especially based on a classic animated feature, but Cruella does have a darker tone and it is not exactly for all kids and has a runtime of 2 hours 14 minutes, too.
The Cast of Cruella
Academy Award® winner Emma Stone (“La La Land”) stars in Disney’s Emma Stone as the titular protagonist and may I say, she is perfect as Cruella.
Two-time Oscar® winner Emma Thompson (“Howards End,” “Sense and Sensibility”) is the Baroness Von Hellman.
I just adore Emma Thompson. She’s definitely one of my favorite actresses, because. well, she’s uber talented, but also because she’s a powerhouse! She is so iconic as the Baroness that you really start to despise her!
“Cruella” also stars Joel Fry, Paul Walter Hauser, Emily Beecham, Kirby Howell-Baptiste and Mark Strong.
The film is directed by Craig Gillespie, with screenplay by Dana Fox and Tony McNamara, story by Aline Brosh McKenna and Kelly Marcel & Steve Zissis, based upon the novel “The One Hundred and One Dalmatians” by Dodie Smith.
“Cruella” is produced by Andrew Gunn, Marc Platt and Kristin Burr, p.g.a., with Emma Stone, Michelle Wright, Jared LeBoff and Glenn Close serving as executive producers.
I loved meeting Kristin Burr at Disney Social Media Moms and chatting with her at the Christopher Robin Hollywood premiere and I love that she’s part of this remarkable project!
The New Cruella and Her Stance on Dalmatian Dogs
The animated feature and the first live-action movie depict Cruella as a vain, fur-wearing villain whose name means CRUEL and DEVIL and lives in the ‘Hell Hall’ country house.
Remember this quote?
“I live for fur. I worship fur. Is there a woman in this wretched world who doesn’t?”
The previous versions of Cruella spoke to a time where fur was a symbol of luxury and opulence, rather than animal cruelty.
To me, the message was there all along: wearing fur = hurting animals = being cruel and evil!
With the new Cruella movie, the message is much clearer and much more intentional.
In fact, no dogs or any other animals were harmed by Cruella and even though Emma Stone she wears 47 costumes, none of them contain fur.
Disney Cruella Movie Quotes
Okay, so not all of the lines from Cruella are exactly positive quotes, so I’ve compiled the best Cruella movie quotes for you:
“I was meant for more in this life.” ~ Cruella de Vil
“You belong here as much as anyone. They’re lucky to have you.” ~ Katherine de Vil
“I’ve done it again. Let’s go make history” ~ Baroness von Hellman
“I am woman. Hear me roar!” ~ Cruella De Vil
“Here’s to me!” ” ~ Baroness von Hellman
“I found friends in unlikely places.” ~ Estella de Vil
“There’s something about poetic justice that’s just so… poetic.” ~ Cruella de Vil
“You can’t cry in prison.” ~ Jasper
“Aren’t they gorgeous and vicious? That’s my favorite combination.” ~ Baroness von Hellman
“I broke the promise. Just a little.” ~ Estella de Vil
“You’ll need more than eyeliner, you plain little thing.” ~ Baroness von Hellman
“I want to make art. And I want to make trouble.” ~ Cruella de Vil
“If you have to talk about power, you don’t have it.” ~The Baroness
“I’m just getting started, darling.” ~ Estella de Vil
“Breaking havoc is my personal specialty.” ~ Cruella de Vil
“Gratitude is for losers” ~ Baroness von Hellman
“Keep your enemies close.” – Cruella de Vil
“She has made it me or her, and I choose me.” ~ Baroness von Hellman
“Being a genius is one thing. However, raising a genius comes with its challenges.” ~ Estella de Vil
“I like to say that ‘normal’ is the cruelest insult of them all, and at least I never get that.” ~ Artie
“For the first time in my life, I felt like I belonged.” ~ Estella de Vil
“Do I pay you for your opinion or for your obedience?” ~ The Baroness
“I’d like to remind you all that I’m doing this in heels.” ~ Cruella de Vil
“Let me give you some advice: You can’t care about anyone else. Everyone else is an obstacle. If you care what an obstacle wants or feels, you’re dead.” ~ Baroness von Hellman
“Alright we should put on some music or something. Lighten the mood.” ~ Cruella de Vil
“I do love trouble.” ~ Artie
“It’s funny how those happy accidents can change the course of your life.” ~ Cruella de Vil
“A new day brings new opportunities.” ~ Cruella de Vil
“You have that glint in your eye” ~ Anita Darling
“All I could think to do was run – and I ran for a long time.” ~ Estella de Vil
“From the very beginning I realized I saw the world differently than everyone else. That didn’t sit well with some people, but I wasn’t for everyone.” ~ Cruella de Vil
“You just blew my mind.” ~ Horace
“Don’t worry. There’s lots of more bad things coming.” ~ Cruella de Vil
“What, you’re helpful to me is all. As soon as you’re not… you’re dust.” ~ Baroness von Hellman
“I’m not like her. I’m better.” ~ Cruella de Vil
“They say there are five stages of grief: Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Well, I’d like to add one more...revenge.” ~ Cruella
“Finally, someone competent!” ~ The Baroness
“Darling, if I’m going to have to repeat myself a lot, this isn’t gonna work.” ~ Cruella de Vil
“If you can dream it, I can dress it.” ~ Artie
“Am I going to have to catch you up or are you going to keep up?” ~ Cruella de Vil
“The queen is dead! Long live the queen.” ~ Cruella
“I’ve had enough of being treated like a dog. (No offense, Wink.)” ~ Jasper
“Love me into shape, I suppose was the plan.” ~ Cruella
“Thank you for your time. Incompetent as always.” ~ The Baroness
“You’re going to kill me because I upstaged you?” ~ Cruella
“Well, thank you for the crumpets and the crazy story. Good luck with that.” ~ Jasper
“I tried. I really, I tried, because I loved you.” – Cruella
“A well-cut skirt is a life-saver, girls. Remember that.” ~ Cruella
“It all makes sense now. Of course you’re extraordinary. You’re mine.” – The Baroness
“I’m not sweet Estella, try as I might. I never was.” ~ Cruella
“I’m Cruella. Born brilliant. Born bad. And just a tiny bit mad.” ~ Cruella
“Must dash. Much to avenge, revenge, and destroy.” ~ Cruella
“But. I do love you. Always.” ~ Cruella
“She played the family card. It’s working.” ~ Jasper and Horace
“People do need a villain to believe in, so I’m happy to play the bill.” ~ Cruella
“A night of fabulousness, mayhem, and possible death.” ~ Cruella
“The good thing about evil people is that you can always count on them to do something – well. Evil.” ~ Cruella
Fun Facts about the New Cruella Disney Movie
• Principal cast – 277 costumes
• Cruella/Estella – 47 changes
• Baroness – 33 changes
• Petals on Cruella’s car dress – 5060
• 393 meters of organza fabric used on car dress
• Horace and Jasper – 30 costumes each Cast
• 61 named characters
• 16 canine performers Sets
• 96 official sets
• The team dressed a total of 130 sets
• At peak they dressed 20 sets in 5 days Hellman Hall – Viking Gala
• 74 cast members dressed as Cruella
• 200 cans of white spray were used on the wigs
• Number of wigs – 88 • Prep time on each wig was 4 hours
• Number of dresses – 80
• Supporting cast – 175 including :– 74 Cruellas, 71 male guests, 10 security guards, 13 waiters
• Number of shoes – More than 400
• A team of 4 people made paper flowers by hand for 5 weeks
• Number of candles – 2672 2 Marie Antoinette Ball
• Number of wigs – 152
• Supporting cast – 149 – including 107 plus party guests, half a dozen catwalk models and 9 members of the band
• Number of glasses – 300 Black and White Ball
• 90 party guests, waiters and security guards plus the stunt team Pop-Up Fashion Show
• Supporting cast 250
• Number of shoes 500 plus Props • 40,000 props
• 8 trucks of props a day throughout the shoot
• Dogs had bespoke dog collars created by a jeweler
• Cakes for the balls took people piping the icing for 2 weeks
• Only 3 cakes made for Black and White Ball, so only 3 takes possible (they did it in 2)
• Over 3,500 meters of fabric used in the set decoration
• 256 meters of fabric for Liberty of London
Ways to Watch Cruella
On Disney+ https://www.disneyplus.com/cruella
On all major digital platforms and on 4K Ultra HD™
The Blu-ray™ and DVD will be available on September 21, 2021.
Disney’s Cruella Bonus Features
You can enjoy never-before-seen bonus footage and deleted scenes in stunning Ultra HD™ quality and Dolby Atmos.
- Bloopers (Those are always fun, aren’t they?)
- Deleted Scenes
- Hotel Heist Hallway
- Baroness Rejects Design Sketches
- The Two Emmas – Discover how real-life friends Emma Stone and Emma Thompson prepared for their roles as Cruella de Vil and the Baroness von Hellman, and transformed into the fashionably cool, but devilishly cruel, characters. I loved every minute of this!
- The Sidekick Angle – No Disney villain/hero is complete without their sidekicks! Meet the talented actors who play Horace and Jasper, and learn how their characters deepen the ﬁlm’s story, and how the trio’s friendship changes as the smart, feisty Estella becomes Cruella.
- Cruella Couture – Take in the spectacular artistry of this couture collection, with an in-depth behind-the-scenes look at some of the most fashionable moments in the movie. This was my favorite, for sure, and Elydia’s too!
- The World of Cruella – Experience the city locations and elaborate sets of CRUELLA, each featuring extraordinary production design detail, which bring 1970s London to life and enhance the backstories of these iconic Disney characters in a whole new way.
- New Dogs…Old Tricks – Go behind the scenes of the on-set life of an animal actor, and meet the smart, expressive, delightful dogs who play Buddy, Wink and the Dalmatians, along with their devoted trainers. Catch the joy the pups experience in their daily doggie duties. Of course, you know my daughters couldn’t take their eyes off the screen on this one.
- Cruella 101 – Uncover Easter eggs and clever connections to Walt Disney’s 101 DALMATIANS that are masterfully woven throughout this modern origin story of CRUELLA. Who doesn’t love Disney Easter eggs?
What are your favorite Disney Cruella movie quotes? Share with us below!
Elayna is a homeschool educator, single mom of 4, founder of the Positive MOM Community, award-winning Storyteller, Story Strategist, and Student of Pain. She’s a bestselling author, internationally acclaimed keynote speaker, and 3x TEDx speaker. To receive a gift from Elayna, click HERE.
Want to support the Positive MOM blog?
The mission of the Positive MOM blog is to help moms break trauma cycles, find peace, and feel emotionally whole, so they can practice supportive parenting and create a positive and healthy environment for their children. If you found Elayna’s content valuable, please consider donating a love offering to enable her to keep creating content and helping more moms worldwide. Donate HERE.