Disney fans – you can now experience Never-Before-Seen Bonus Footage and Deleted Scenes with Raya and the Last Dragon on Digital and 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD May 18.
And I’m sharing some wonderful Raya and The Last Dragon Activities for kids and a fabulous giveaway, too!
My daughters and I really enjoyed this film – the flawless animation, the positive quotes, and the heartwarming story.
“Raya and the Last Dragon” takes us on an exciting, epic journey to the fantasy world of Kumandra, where humans and dragons lived together long ago in harmony.
But when an evil force threatened the land, the dragons sacrificed themselves to save humanity.
Now, 500 years later, that same evil has returned and it’s up to a lone warrior, Raya, to track down the legendary last dragon to restore the fractured land and its divided people.
However, along her journey, she’ll learn that it’ll take more than a dragon to save the world—it’s going to take trust and teamwork as well.
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Raya and the Last Dragon Bonus Features*
- An Introduction to Us Again – Director Zach Parrish takes you behind the scenes of the Walt Disney Animation Studios short.
- Us Again – An elderly man and his young-at-heart wife rekindle their passion for life on one magical night.
- Taste of Raya – Dine along with Kelly Marie Tran and the film’s creative team–virtually–over a Southeast Asian menu inspired by the countries that influenced the film as they discuss their experiences creating the world of Kumandra.
- Raya: Bringing it Home – When the global pandemic of 2020 hit, production of Raya and the Last Dragon moved to the houses of over 450 people. We open a window into their lives and learn how they overcame massive obstacles to make an animated feature from home.
- Martial Artists – You’ll get a kick out of learning about the martial art forms and weapons used in the film as co-screenwriter Qui Nguyen and visual anthropologist Dr. S. Steve Arounsack share the inspiration behind the film’s action-packed elements.
- We are Kumandra – Meet members of the Southeast Asia Story Trust and discover the cultural influences that inspired the film…and how important this representation in a Disney animated film is to the people of the region.
- Outtakes – Step into the homes and behind the mics of the cast of Raya and the Last Dragon as they experience voice-over sessions in closets and shaky internet connections, which made recording this film unlike any other.
- Fun Facts & Easter Eggs – Take a look at some of the hidden surprises and behind-the-scenes secrets of Raya and the Last Dragon.
- The Story Behind the Storyboard with John Ripa – Co-Director John Ripa invites you to get an inside look at his thought process as he pitches a storyboard sequence from the film and talks about his amazing career with Disney Animation.
- Deleted Scenes
- Introduction – Head of Story Fawn Veerasunthorn introduces deleted scenes from Raya and the Last Dragon.
- The Bridge – Raya confronts an early version of the Druun in this deleted storyboard sequence.
- Escaping Namaari – See an early version sequence of an introduction to Namaari as an adult.
- Dragon Blade – Discover an early version of Raya’s sword, when it used to have magical powers.
- Meet Boun – Meet an early version of Boun before he was a chef and shrimp boat captain.
- The Heart of the Dragon – Co-Director John Ripa introduces a deleted scene which brought the theme of hope into the film.
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
“Raya and the Last Dragon” features an outstanding voice cast, including:
Kelly Marie Tran as the voice of the intrepid warrior Raya;
Awkwafina as the legendary dragon, Sisu;
Gemma Chan as Raya’s nemesis, Namaari;
Daniel Dae Kim as Raya’s visionary father, Benja;
Sandra Oh as Namaari’s powerful mother, Virana; Benedict Wong as Tong, a formidable giant;
Izaac Wang as Boun, a 10-year-old entrepreneur;
Thalia Tran as the mischievous toddler Little Noi;
Alan Tudyk as Tuk Tuk, Raya’s best friend and trusty steed;
Lucille Soong as Dang Hu, the leader of the land of Talon;
Patti Harrison as the chief of the Tail land;
and Ross Butler as chief of the Spine land.
Don Hall and Carlos López Estrada are directing, with Paul Briggs and John Ripa co-directing. Osnat Shurer and Peter Del Vecho are the producers, and Qui Nguyen and Adele Lim are the writers on the project.
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ epic adventure Raya and the Last Dragon is now available on all major digital platforms and on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD beginning May 18, so you can enjoy never-before-seen bonus footage and deleted scenes in stunning Ultra HD quality and Dolby Audio.
Raya and The Last Dragon Activities for Kids
If you’re looking for Raya and The Last Dragon Activities for Kids, then this Walt Disney Studios activity pack is for you!
Raya and The Last Dragon Giveaway
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Raya and the Last Dragon’’ has a run time of 107 minutes, and it’s rated PG in the United States (bonus material not rated).
Follow Raya and the Last Dragon:
© Elayna Fernández ~ The Positive MOM
Be sure to Subscribe to blog post updates, so you never miss a thing!