Woo hoo! I’m so excited to host a giveaway for “THE BEST ANIMATED MOVIE OF THE YEAR” – Peter Travers, GMA.com
My daughters and I love this movie so much – and we are so happy that it’s not only on Disney+, but now it’s also available on digital and DVD.
In Soul, Jamie Foxx leads an all-star cast in this hilarious, heart-filled adventure. Disney and Pixar’s Soul introduces Joe, who lands the gig of his life at the best jazz club in town.
But one misstep lands Joe in a fantastical place: The Great Before. There, he teams up with soul 22 (Tina Fey), and together they find the answers to some of life’s biggest questions.
Pixar’s SOUL is coming to DVD and digital, which will include exclusive, never-before-seen deleted scenes and audio commentary by Pete Docter, Kemp Powers and Dana Murray.
Additionally, fans can find the film packaged as a collectible SteelBook® at Best Buy and packaged with a limited-edition gallery book at Target.
SOUL has been honored as a recipient of the American Film Institute’s Movie of the Year Award and winner of the National Board of Review’s Best Animated Feature in addition to being included on its Top Films list!
Soul is “an animated film fit for all ages,” (Jazzie Belle, Vibe.com) loved by critics and audiences alike.
Certified-Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes™, you can now add Soul to your Disney and Pixar collection on Movies Anywhere and buy it on 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD as of March 23.
Click here to read all the positive lessons and quotes from Disney Pixar SOUL.
Disney and Pixar’s Soul Bonus Features*
- Deleted Scenes
- Introduction – Writer Mike Jones and story supervisor Kristen Lester introduce the Soul deleted scenes.
- Mentor Orientation – Joe sneaks into the You Seminar Mentor Program orientation, trying to figure out how on earth he can get back to…Earth.
- Clubhouse Forgery – Joe follows 22 into her “secret lair” as she reluctantly agrees to help him find his way back to Earth.
- Home Lessons – Stuck inside Joe’s body, 22 clumsily attempts to help the downstairs neighbor.
- Living the Dream – Joe has a heart-to-heart with 22 about her fear of living on Earth, then tries to make his way back home via a dream portal.
- Press Shot – Joe, stuck in a cat’s body, and 22, stuck in Joe’s body, take the subway to the jazz club for a publicity photography session.
- Audio Commentary – View the film with audio commentary by director Pete Docter, co-director/writer Kemp Powers and producer Dana Murray.
- Not Your Average Joe – See the thought and care that went into crafting Joe and his story in Pixar’s first film to feature a Black leading character.
- Astral Taffy – Get an in-depth look at the artistry and technical innovation that went into creating the sets and characters of Soul‘s world.
- Pretty Deep for a Cartoon – The filmmakers tackle big questions, such as: Where does a newborn’s personality come from? What’s the meaning of life? And more!
- Into the Zone: The Music and Sound of Soul – Explore the movie’s different sonic worlds and discover how music drives and adds specificity to Joe’s journey.
- Soul, Improvised – See how the Pixar Systems team and Soul‘s crew managed to finish the film on schedule during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Jazz Greats – Giants of the jazz world who consulted on Soul share their passion and hard-won wisdom about what music is and does for us all.
*bonus features may vary by retailer and product
Voice Cast for Disney Pixar SOUL
Jamie Foxx as the voice of Joe Gardner
Tina Fey as the voice of 22
Phylicia Rashad as the voice of Libba
Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson as the voice of Curley
Angela Bassett as the voice of Dorothea
Daveed Diggs as the voice of Paul
Graham Norton as the voice of Moonwind
Rachel House as the voice of Terry
Alice Braga as the voice of Counselor Jerry
Richard Ayoade as the voice of Counselor Jerry
Wes Studi as the voice of Counselor Jerry
Fortune Feimster as the voice of Counselor Jerry
Zenobia Shroff as the voice of Counselor Jerry
Donnell Rawlings as the voice of Dez
June Squibb as the voice of Gerel
Disney Pixar SOUL Filmmakers
Director: Pete Docter
Co-Director: Kemp Powers
Producer: Dana Murray, p.g.a.
Executive Producers: Dan Scanlon and Kiri Hart
Story and Screenplay by: Pete Docter, Kemp Powers, Mike Jones
Original Score by: Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
Jazz Compositions and Arrangements by: Jon Batiste
Disney Pixar SOUL Activity Sheets For Kids
If you have little ones, be sure to click here to download activity sheets for kids!
Disney Pixar SOUL has a run time of 100 minutes and it is rated PG in the U.S. The bonus material has not yet been rated.
There are several languages and subtitles available, and the options include English, Spanish, and French, as well as English SDH.
Disney Pixar SOUL Giveaway
I have two free digital codes for two of my loyal readers (YOU and someone like YOU).
Enter below for a chance to win!
I’m so excited – make sure you take advantage of ALL the entries. And be sure to follow @PixarSoul on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and use #PixarSoul in your conversation!
Elayna is a homeschool educator, single mom of 4, founder of the Positive MOM Community, award-winning Storyteller, Story Strategist, and Student of Pain. She’s a bestselling author, internationally acclaimed keynote speaker, and 3x TEDx speaker. To receive a gift from Elayna, click HERE.
Want to support the Positive MOM blog?
The mission of the Positive MOM blog is to help moms break trauma cycles, find peace, and feel emotionally whole, so they can practice supportive parenting and create a positive and healthy environment for their children. If you found Elayna’s content valuable, please consider donating a love offering to enable her to keep creating content and helping more moms worldwide. Donate HERE.